Back to all reports

Pothole on the exit from the give way on junction of Lower Redland Road with Elgin Park.

Reported in the Carriageway Defect category by Duncan Laxen at 13:03, Wed 28 November 2018

Sent to Bristol City Council 2 minutes later

On the exit from Lower Redland Road at the junction with Elgin Park is a depression that is in the direct line of a cyclist. I was almost brought off my bike while cycling through it, as a lip is forming at the end of the depression. Its exact location is shown with the pin. It is a failing repair to the road.

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Enquiry raised.

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 13:05, Wed 28 November 2018

  • Under investigation.

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 13:41, Wed 28 November 2018

  • Your enquiry has now been closed.

    State changed to: Fixed

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 09:07, Fri 30 November 2018

  • Your enquiry has been investigated and deemed that no action is required at present.

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 07:15, Mon 29 April 2019

  • This is not fixed. The road has been redressed last week but the crater remains causing hazard to cyclists and other road users

    Posted anonymously at 08:14, Mon 29 April 2019

  • The original problem I reported has returned (see photos from 1 May 2019). The repair was not good enough and there is now a deep rut, probably some 10-15 cm deep. As before it is now a significant danger to cyclists.

    State changed to: Open

    Posted anonymously at 16:12, Wed 1 May 2019

  • Customer follow up.

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 17:00, Wed 1 May 2019

  • Job raised.

    Posted by Bristol City Council at 13:33, Wed 8 May 2019

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?